Spousal Support Lawyers – Denver, CO
Denver Alimony Attorneys
When a couple decides to end their marriage and that divorce is the only option, there are new issues that arise. For example, one spouse may need support to pay their bills, buy groceries, look for a job, etc. While their lifestyle would not be identical to what they had before, one person could be providing funds to support the other until it is determined that it is no longer necessary. At Marc Kaplan, our attorneys know the law and how to help our clients build cases for fair spousal support, maintenance, or other arrangements.
The disputes over spousal support can be complex:
- How much should a spouse earn?
- Is income deferred or is there hidden income?
- What constitutes income?
- What about non-recurring income such as bonuses or stock options?
- How much is reasonable need for support, and to what extent is income to be shared in the future?
- For how long should one support the other?
- Is there an alternative such as an unequal property division?
- Are the state guidelines really just guidelines, and can you get around them?
These questions and others often arise in a divorce or modification of a divorce – the attorneys at Marc Kaplan. can help. We have decades of divorce and family law experience and know what to ask, how to find the answers, and how to persuade the other side and the court to do what is fair and equitable.
Contact a spousal support lawyer TODAY for help!